Cofrastra - composite floors with high bonding capacity
Thanks to the undercut geometry of the Cofrastra profiles, a specially high adhesion between the steel and the concrete can be achieved.
A further advantage of this range of composite floor decks is the quick and easy installation of technical equipment beneath the slab thanks to an adapted fixing system. Without noisy drilling, the sustem is suitable for any kind of highly technical equipped buidlings (e.g. hospitals) that require a certain flexibility for easy changes in the technical installations during their service life.
The web-based design tool Cofra5 is free of charge and assists you in the calculation of our composite floor solutions - see link on the right.
- The floor deck serves as a horizontal wind brace and contributes to the stability of the entire building.
- It is a safe working platform before the concrete pouring.
- With the exception of Cofrastra 40, all composite floor decks can be made of pre-painted steel.
- The shape of the ribs ensures perfect connection with the concrete.
- The reinforcement of the floor deck often makes further span reinforcement unnecessary.
- Without additional reinforcement the composite floors have a fire resistance of 30 minutes.
- Substantial savings can be achieved in construction time & weight.
- Since Cofraplus can be installed manually no cranes are necessary on site.
- Easy handling and quick installation guarantee the flexibility required in renovation works.
- The use of composite floor systems allows irregular shapes, curves and special floor openings.
- The reduced weight facilitates dismanteling and recycling at the end of a building's service life.