Aluzinc®: steels with aluminium-zinc coating
Aluzinc® steels with aluminium-zinc coating
Aluzinc® is a steel substrate coated on both sides with an aluminium-zinc alloy. The composition of the coating is: 55% aluminium, 43.4% zinc and 1.6% silicon.
The excellent corrosion resistance of Aluzinc® is a result of the properties of the two metallic substances: the barrier effect of the aluminium present on the surface of the coating and the sacrificial protection of zinc.
Thanks to a thin transparent layer of aluminium oxides on the top surface of the coating, this appearance is preserved when aging.
Aluzinc® offers additional advantages:
- Good corrosion resistance at high temperatures
- Good abrasion resistance because of its surface hardness
- Excellent thermal and light reflectivity
High Formability combined with exceptional corrosion properties for seam roofs
- Aluzinc® HFX is an AZ base material (55% Al, 43,5% Zn) with improved aptitude to deep drawing
- is particularly adapted to processes like the standing seam roofs & accessories
- its excellent corrosion properties of classical Aluzinc® combined with high formability properties
- it can replace pure zinc at a much lower cost
- AZ HFX used with a coating thickness of AZ 185 comes with 25 years warranty
Aluzinc® can be supplied oiled and/or with a chemical surface conversion, or with an Easyfilm® thin organic coating.
ArcelorMittal Flat Carbon Europe offers a 25 year product warranty for Aluzinc®